- Types: Organic & Conventional.
- Presentations: Bags x 25 kg (55 lb) / Bags x 11.34 kg (25 lb) / Big Bags x 1000 kg (2204 lb).
- Packaging: Paper Bags, Polypropylene bags and Big Bags.
- Production Area: Ayacucho, Huancavelica, Apurimac, Junin and Cuzco (2800 - 3500 m).
- Harvest time: March-July (main), November to January (small)
- Availability: All year.
- Shelf life: 2 years stored under appropriate conditions.
- Benefits: Just like quinoa, this “super grain” is loaded with protein, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, although kaniwa is more nutrient-dense. Kaniwa has a similar sweet nutty flavor as quinoa, but its seeds are half the size.
- Certifications: Organic (NOP,EU), Kosher.
- Applications: Not to be confused with quinoa, is the latest gluten free super grain and easy to digest. Dare to try in place of oatmeal for breakfast or as a rice or potato replacement at lunch or dinner.